3.9.07

- KNOWLEDGE: My choice "I don't care"

(In a later feedback interview)

Student 1

During our class discussion, the question "who cares" seemed really important to you, could you tell me more? I don't feel I got everything.

Student 2

Sure. My point was "Do we really care?" When that young Chinese student stood in front of the tank, if the tank had crushed him and the news had not reported it, what difference would that make to our lives? If nobody knew about it, it would be like it didn’t exist.

Student 1

So your point is that something only exists if we care about it? If I refuse to know, it will be not important for me, I might not care. We can choose not to know.

Student 2

I don't think you can choose not to know if the media spreads it. What choice do we have then?

Student 1

?

Student 2

To choose if you want to care or not.

Student 1

Hum...But as M1 said it still affects us to some point?

Student 2

It doesn’t matter. The majority might be affected but still it is a matter of who cares

Student 1

?

Student 2

What really happens to people everyday doesn’t matter. Lots of relevant things are happening right now. These things don’t exist if the media doesn’t care so why should we bother, get it?


No comments: